Quick lunch breaks usually represent a working day where very little thought is given on what one must eat. But with proper preparation, a quick lunch break does not have to be mediocre. One can still enjoy a healthy meal, despite the rushed pace of their mundane routine. Here are some quick lunch meal ideas to make the midday break something you can look forward to.
Quick Lunch: Pita Avocado With Chicken
- Shredded Chicken
- Pita Pockets
- Swiss cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Lemon Juice
- Greek Yogurt
- Cherry Tomatoes
Insert a slice of cheese into each pita. Mix garlic salt and Greek yogurt in a small container and set aside. Using a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, lemon juice, avocados, and cilantro.
Sear the shredded chicken in a skillet, and then portion the chicken equally for each pita pocket.
Put some of the Greek yogurts on the chicken, and load each pita with the avocado, tomato, cilantro, and lemon juice filling that you made earlier.
Quick Lunch: Salmon Roast With Tomatoes And Green Beans
- 1 1/4 lb. skinless salmon fillet sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 1/4 trimmed green beans, trimmed
- 3 chopped anchovy fillets
- 6 cloves smashed garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 425° F. Using a generous rimmed baking sheet, place the beans, garlic, tomatoes, anchovies and olives with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon olive. Roast to the point that vegetables soften and brown, or around 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet using medium heat. Season salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper for each piece and cook until golden brown and opaque throughout, OR around 4 to 5 minutes each side. When done, place with yogurt and vegetables.
Tortilla Steak Salad
- Charred flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 pound skirt steak
- One tsp chili powder
- One thinly sliced jalapeño
- One bunch stemless arugula
- One chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 lb. cut plum tomatoes
- 2 sliced scallions
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Begin by seasoning steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and chili powder. Next grill the meat to your desired level. Leave it as it is for 10 minutes before slicing. Using a bowl, mix scallions, jalapeño, lime juice, plum tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Additionally, combine arugula and cilantro, and fold in steak. Eat with the smoky flavored flour tortillas.
Do And Dont’s Of A Quick Lunch
While a quick lunch is extremely beneficial in our busy lives, it is important to note that we are getting the proper amount of nutrients. Proteins, carbohydrates, roughage, and even fats are important for our health. So, here are a few tips to keep in mind while going for a quick lunch.
- Ensure that you are giving your body the right amount of nutrients. Eat proteinaceous foods like eggs, chicken, and meat. If you are a vegetarian, choose lentils, green leafy vegetables or nuts to your meal.
- Eat on time. It is extremely important to provide your body with the necessary things on time. Skipping meals or late meals can affect your health. So, eat less or eat in the right amount, but make sure to eat on time. Also, make sure to chew your food properly before swallowing. Eating fast holds chances of increasing your weight.