Homemade granola bars give one the opportunity to select and regulate the ingredients of this convenient snack. These bars can be a good source of fiber and protein. As a snack, it can also curb cravings between meals, since the ingredients can be quite satiating. These are also extremely portable, and their sizes (if it is homemade granola) can be pre-determined. One can also tailor them with healthy ingredients like nuts, oats, seeds, and dried fruit. Commercially bought bars, on the other hand, can be loaded with excessive sugar and carbohydrates, as well as total calories. Many store-bought versions can also be highly processed and have artificial sweeteners. To enjoy these treats, homemade granola is an extremely viable option. Here is one, easy-to-make version for you to try at home.
Low Sugar Homemade Granola Peanut Butter Bars
(This is a very improvised version of homemade granola, so don’t experiment with the ingredient proportions)
- Natural peanut butter
- Coconut oil
- Almonds (or any nut of your choice)
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips
To start creating this treat, heat the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat around a minute, so they adhere together. Once it begins to bubble add vanilla and salt to taste. Constantly stir, so the bottom does not burn. You can now add everything else that remains in the ingredients (if you wish the chocolate chips to be whole, add them in after cooling). Once all is mixed together, allow cooling in the refrigerator for around 20 minutes.
Once cool, using a 9”x 9” baking pan with parchment paper, place the mix into the pan, pressing firmly to even it out. Place in the fridge around 60 minutes so that it holds its form. Once this is done, lift the homemade granola slab with the parchment paper to a flat surface for cutting to your desired size. Eat the bars cold for a chewy sensation, or at room temp for a softer bite!
5 Unknown Benefits Of Homemade Granola Bars
- Reduces Cholesterol – Granola bars are high on soluble fibers which help in minimizing your cholesterol levels. They get rid of LDL and keep you fit and healthy.
- Act As Energy-Boosters – The healthy and tasty granola bars are full of suppressed energy. They do not boost you up with sugar, which is otherwise unhealthy. Thus, by eating these energy bars you will be far away from diabetes and heart diseases.
- Great Source Of Vitamin E – Much surprisingly, eating granola bars will result in glowing skin, strong, soft and silky hair, and a never-seen-before radiant glow. Wondering why? Well, that is because your homemade granola bars are filled with Vitamin E!
- Makes For A Great Weight-Loss Food – Granola bars are nutritive and healthy. They are basically goodness packed in a box. For many years now, they have been acting as the best snacks for a person with a weight-loss plan. They are even low on sodium which gives you a reduced appetite. Thus, by cutting down your food intake, they effectively aid your weight-loss process.
- Helps In Preventing Anaemia – Anaemia often leads to fatigue, low energy, and a constant weakness. Granola bars are full of the goodness of iron and are the best answer to anaemia. Eating homemade granola bars will supply your body enough iron, thus keeping your energy level high.