For many, chocolate brownies are a favorite snack staple. Beloved by both young and old, they are a relatively simple treat to make. This treat is also constantly being tweaked to suit specific tastes and needs. Here are a couple of recipes of chocolate brownies that add a twist to this delightful classic, while keeping things either low sugar or sugar-free.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cocoa unsweetened
- 3/4 stick melted butter
- One cup sugar alternative
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 sugar-free chocolate chips
To create sugar-free chocolate brownies, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a square pan by lightly oiling it. On a saucepan, put the butter for melting, then add the unsweetened cocoa slowly and it small portions. Remove the combined mixture from the heat. Using another bowl, mix the sugar alternative, salt, and flour. Once the unsweetened cocoa and butter have gone down in temperature, place it into a mixing bowl, and add whisked eggs one at a time. You may now introduce the vanilla extract. Combine the dry mixture from the other bowl to the mixing bowl, and blend. Once all is combined, introduce the chocolate chips gently by hand. Place the batter evenly into the pan and allow baking for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check baked thoroughness. Allow cooling before cutting into desired sizes. Savor your sugar-free treat.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (substitute with maple or agave syrup if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons (for drizzling on top)
To make these healthy peanut butter chocolate brownies, preheat oven 350 degrees F, and prep an 8”x 8” pan using nonstick cooking spray. With an electric mixer bowl (or food processor) blend peanut butter, vanilla, honey, and applesauce thoroughly. Introduce baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt and continue blending thoroughly. Fold 1/4 cup of chocolate chips into batter. Place the mixture into a baking pan and flatten the top. Distribute the 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips over the surface. Bake for 18-22 minutes and allow cooling on wire rack. Cut into desired square sizes.
Voila! You have just baked healthy, low sugar peanut butter chocolate brownies that are vegan compliant and gluten-free.
Why Choose These Brownies?
If you ever happen to meet someone who asks you about being madly in love with brownies, you can just have the perfect answer. The first answer that obviously comes to your mind is, “Duh! They are delicious!” But of course, that won’t satisfy them. So, here are a few benefits of eating chocolate brownies.
- Having dark chocolates contain high amounts of monosaturated fats and are good for your cholesterol levels.
- Chocolates contain flavanols. These are phytochemicals that can improve your blood flow and functioning of your blood vessels.
- The chocolate brownies are a great stress-relieving food!
- Chocolate contains antioxidants which are extremely healthy for your health.