Breakfast is the first meal that an individual consumes after waking up after a long night of sleep. Thus, it is the first meal that one has after a long fasting throughout the night. Hence, it can be rightly attributed as one of the most important meals of the day. The doctors too assert the importance of taking regular breakfast which is healthy and provides all the nourishment required for the individual to maintain a healthy disease-free life. All places around the world have their specialty of savory breakfast dishes that the people of the region love to have.
Effects of breakfast on the health
As mentioned earlier, breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day as it is the first meal after long overnight fasting. Moreover, breakfast also provides the required energy for individuals to do all the work throughout the day. One thing that must be kept in mind that breakfast must be consumed before 10 am at the most to ensure the best results. The wide range of benefits of having healthy breakfast regularly are-
- Breakfast provides the required source of daily energy dose to the individuals which keep them active throughout the day.
- The traditional savoury breakfast dishes consist of nutrients that are required daily for the sustenance of life such as calcium, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, etc.
- Research studies revealed that eating a healthy breakfast regularly helps in controlling body weight significantly thus reducing the chance of obesity.
- Regular healthy breakfast helps to keep blood glucose levels in check
- A healthy breakfast not only makes one physically active but also helps in boosting brainpower to increasing attention, perception, etc.
- Eating healthy breakfast regularly has been proved to keep one fit and save individuals from many illnesses.
Some ideas for healthy breakfast food that one can opt for
- Cornflakes, whole grained cereals can be consumed with yogurts, milk, and fresh fruits which is one of the easiest and widely available breakfasts one could get. To make the breakfast tasty one can choose from different flavours of yoghurt or cornflakes that are easily available in the market.
- Oats can also be a good option for breakfast and they can be consumed in many forms too according to one’s own choice.
- Fresh fruits and nuts are some of the best sources of nutrition that must be included in everyday breakfast.
- Proteins too are important in maintaining a balanced diet hence, eggs, chicken, fish such as salmon, hummus, soya bean, etc. can be included in everyday breakfast too.
- Fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, spinach, carrots, etc. must be a part of everyday breakfast to ensure physical wellbeing and disease-free life.
- Milk or other daily products such as cheese, paneer, etc. as well as beans must be part of the daily breakfast too.
Thus through this article, we have discussed the benefits of a healthy breakfast and also shed light on some healthy and tasty breakfast options that one can opt for to lead a healthy life.