Do you want sausage with extra cheese, eggs, bacon, and potatoes? Do you want savory sausage breakfast recipes? Let us give you 5 best sausage breakfast recipes.
1. Grandmother’s Toad in a Hole
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Standing Bake: 25 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package uncooked maple breakfast sausage links
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° C.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add and whisk flour into egg mixture till it blends.
- Stand it for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage. Cut into three pieces.
- Place oil in a nonstick ovenproof skillet. Place it in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the batter and pour into Prepared skillet and top it with sausage.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Once puffed, remove, cut into wedges, and serve.
Sausage-Egg Burritos – Breakfast Recipes
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- It is breaking into crumbles once it changes color from pink and removes from pan.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl until blended.
- Add eggs in the same pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs thicken.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, and garlic to the skillet. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Add sausage and eggs. Heat through.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Now spoon 2/3 cup filling in the center of each tortilla. Fold the bottom and sides of tortilla overfilling. Roll up and serve with salsa.
Breakfast Sausage Bread Recipes
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- Rising Bake: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 loaves (16 slices each)
- Frozen white bread dough, thawed (2 loaves)
- 1/2 pound mild pork sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 eggs, divided use
- 2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook sausage, mushrooms, and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When sausage changes color, break it up into crumbles. Drain and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Whisk two eggs. Add cheese and seasonings.
- Roll the dough in a rectangle. Spread the sausage mixture over each rectangle.
- Roll up the spread dough in jelly-roll style and pinch seams to seal.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush egg wash over tops and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
Hearty Slow-Cooker Breakfast Hash
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- Cook: 5 hours
- Frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links (8-10)
- 4 cups diced red potatoes and carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1 and a half tablespoon snipped fresh dill, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium heat. Turn occasionally until heated through.
- Combine red potatoes, carrots, onions, olive oil, and vinegar in slow cooker.
- Add dill, kosher salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and arrange sausages.
- Cook in covered for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle them with feta cheese. Add sausages as a topping. You can also add cooked egg on top.
Slow-Cooker Breakfast Burritos
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cook: 3-3/4 hours + standing
- Uncooked breakfast sausage links
- Frozen potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cook the sausage over medium heat in a large skillet.
- When it changes pink color, break, and drain.
- Layer potatoes, sausage, and cheese in a greased slow cooker.
- Whisk eggs, milk, seasoned salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Blend and pour over top.
- Cook, it covered until eggs are set, then uncover.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve in tortillas.